Study in Pennsylvania, PA
Study your academic interests in health care, education and business at one of Pennsylvania's higher education institutions.
Pennsylvania: academic opportunities
Pennsylvania is a state close to the heart of the nation's beginnings. If you're considering Pennsylvania as the state where you pursue your academic studies, here are some interesting facts to consider:Pennsylvania is home to the Liberty Bell and the Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776.
The state prides itself on a quality higher education system.
About 22. 4 percent of Pennsylvania's total population of 12,604,767 have completed a bachelor's degree or beyond.
The main thriving industries for Pennsylvania, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), include education, business and health care. For example, the total amount of people employed in the health care field in 2009 was 351,810 with a mean annual wage of $65,100.
The two largest cities in Pennsylvania are Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. In Philadelphia, the highest paid occupations on the job market include:
Business and Finance, Health care, Architecture and Engineering
For example, the 2009 mean annual wage for the business sector in Philadelphia, was $72,500, according to the BLS. If these occupations sound interesting to you, then Philadelphia may be the right place for you to pursue not only your degree but a career as well.
With Pennsylvania's thriving industries and rich history, this state could be the right place for those pursuing studies in the fields of education, health care, technology and business. Pennsylvania schools offer several degrees and certificate programs, providing students the tools, experience, classroom instruction and up-to-date information needed for the field. Depending on the program, a school's directory will often provide more information.
Higher and Technical Education in Pennsylvania • Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Top Online Schools
Matching School Ads
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor?s Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
Animal Behavior College offers affordable, flexible programs for busy professionals interested in animal careers. We offer hands-on experience in over 400 locations nationwide.
Matching School Ads
Learn more about your future career...
Making informed career decisions requires reliable information about opportunities in the future. Opportunities result from the relationships between the population, labor force, and the demand for goods and services.
Before selecting a degree program, one must fully understand what types of career options are available. Our in-depth career guide provides detailed analyses about educational requirements, potential salaries, employment statistics, and job descriptions about countless careers.
Almost any question one might have about potential occupations can be answered by using this guide.
Use this comprehensive Pennsylvania School Directory to find institutions providing you with the degree programs & training you need for your future job.
We highly recommend reading fact sheets and contacting all schools that meet your interests to request more information.
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
The ITT Technical Institutes offer programs in some of today's hottest technical areas. With over 100 locations nationwide and several online programs available, the ITT Techs are one of the leading providers of technology education. Each ITT Tech offers convenient class schedules and Career Services are offered to help you find a job.
Get personalized training from experienced instructors who get bikes and know the difference between sport and touring. MMIs core program is the gold standard of motorcycle technician training, and it fully integrates technologies and procedures used by dealerships across the country.
Cortiva Institute School of Massage Therapy's innovative program will help you learn the art of massage therapy and introduce you to a range of career opportunities. Through a holistic approach to education, you'll be well-trained to work in clinics, hospitals, health clubs, spas, with sport teams, or to start a private practice.
Get started on a new career with training from Elite Bartending School. We offer a 40-hour professional bartending/mixology certification course at our school in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
At Brightwood Career Institute, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Course curricula vary, and we suggest requesting more information from all Pennsylvania Institutions, or at least a reasonable number of them. This will allow you to compare their curricula and make the best choice for yourself.
At Career Training Academy, we offer career-focused training in high-demand fields that you can complete in less than a year.* If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, contact us today.
Medical Billing and Coding
Many of the Pennsylvania Colleges and Universities that you can find in this school directory offer flexible online or on-campus degree programs that adapt to the most current trends and technologies in the fast-paced business world. The institutions listed in the Pennsylvania Directory offer world-class instructors that provide high quality training. Further, these schools provide unsurpassed career counseling and opportunities for both students and learning professionals.
Study in a different State
New Hampshire, NH
New Jersey, NJ
New Mexico, NM
New York, NY
North Carolina, NC
North Dakota, ND
Rhode Island, RI
South Carolina, SC
South Dakota, SD
Washington DC, DC
West Virginia, WV