Study in Maryland, MD
Learn more about why pursuing an education in Maryland may be the right choice for you.
Maryland schools prepare students with top degrees and education
Maryland is one of the smallest states in the U.S. Often called America in Miniature, this state has varied landscape, industry, and population which extends to educational opportunities as well. With well-respected universities such as Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland, as well as a large directory of other schools from which to choose, students can find solid programs for any number of degrees.
Schools in Baltimore, Md. are especially ideal for students pursuing studies in the life sciences as both Johns Hopkins and University Hospital are teaching hospitals at the forefront of medical, pharmaceutical, and other biotechnologies research. Baltimore also takes full advantage of its major ocean ports as a shipping and seafood production center.
Those interested in working for the federal government or in high-tech industrial design should look to Annapolis, the largest employee base for the National Security Agency, to pursue their degrees.
Students pursuing an education in Maryland can explore cities rich in history and tradition, such as national cemeteries and museums. Major cities also feature art galleries, ship tours, and a wide range of night-life activities. Those who choose to stay after completing their studies can look forward to settling down in a state with the highest median household income in the United States. As the headquarters for six Fortune 500 companies, including Black and Decker, Lockheed Martin, and Marriott International, post-graduate job placement prospects are high.
Heather Petty has worked as a technical writer and editor in the software and gaming industries. She now works as a freelance writer and editor, and volunteers as the Critique Group Coordinator for the Northern Nevada chapter of the Society of Childrens Book Writers and Illustrators.
Top Online Schools
Matching School Ads
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Expand your career horizons with an online degree from Everest University Online. Balance work and family while you study for your Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree.
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
Direct school link:
| Visit www.waldenu.edu |
The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
The USC School of Social Work works with selected agencies and organizations across the country that represent the complete range of social services. This provides MSW@USC students the opportunity to apply what they learn in class and a chance to work with real-life clients in the community.
Matching School Ads
Learn more about your future career...
Making informed career decisions requires reliable information about opportunities in the future. Opportunities result from the relationships between the population, labor force, and the demand for goods and services.
Before selecting a degree program, one must fully understand what types of career options are available. Our in-depth career guide provides detailed analyses about educational requirements, potential salaries, employment statistics, and job descriptions about countless careers.
Almost any question one might have about potential occupations can be answered by using this guide.
Use this comprehensive Maryland School Directory to find institutions providing you with the degree programs & training you need for your future job.
We highly recommend reading fact sheets and contacting all schools that meet your interests to request more information.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln College of Technology. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus
Direct school link:
| Visit http://www.lincolnedu.com |
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
- Partnerships with thousands of companies
- Alliances with many national industry associations
- Personalized career guidance
- Job market research tools to help you explore your career of interest
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Direct school link:
| Visit www.artinstitutes.edu |
Put your career in gear with Universal Technical Institute's campus in Glendale Heights, Illinois, an ASE/NATEF Master Certified provider of post-secondary technical education training.
Passionate about a culinary career? Get hands-on training from professional chefs at Lincoln Culinary Institute. Choose from day or evening classes, earn a Diploma or Associate Degree. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
Students benefit from a balance of classroom instruction and real-world experience, learning the skills they need to go straight to work in todays competitive job market.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Direct school link:
| Visit www.fortis.edu |
Course curricula vary, and we suggest requesting more information from all Maryland Institutions, or at least a reasonable number of them. This will allow you to compare their curricula and make the best choice for yourself.
TESST College of Technology provides career-based programs to students wishing to work in the fields of Electronics, Telecommunication, Computer Hardware & Software, Information Technology and more.
Many of the Maryland Colleges and Universities that you can find in this school directory offer flexible online or on-campus degree programs that adapt to the most current trends and technologies in the fast-paced business world. The institutions listed in the Maryland Directory offer world-class instructors that provide high quality training. Further, these schools provide unsurpassed career counseling and opportunities for both students and learning professionals.
Study in a different State
New Hampshire, NH
New Jersey, NJ
New Mexico, NM
New York, NY
North Carolina, NC
North Dakota, ND
Rhode Island, RI
South Carolina, SC
South Dakota, SD
Washington DC, DC
West Virginia, WV