Study in Maryland, MD
Learn more about why pursuing an education in Maryland may be the right choice for you.
Maryland schools prepare students with top degrees and education
Maryland is one of the smallest states in the U.S. Often called America in Miniature, this state has varied landscape, industry, and population which extends to educational opportunities as well. With well-respected universities such as Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland, as well as a large directory of other schools from which to choose, students can find solid programs for any number of degrees.
Schools in Baltimore, Md. are especially ideal for students pursuing studies in the life sciences as both Johns Hopkins and University Hospital are teaching hospitals at the forefront of medical, pharmaceutical, and other biotechnologies research. Baltimore also takes full advantage of its major ocean ports as a shipping and seafood production center.
Those interested in working for the federal government or in high-tech industrial design should look to Annapolis, the largest employee base for the National Security Agency, to pursue their degrees.
Students pursuing an education in Maryland can explore cities rich in history and tradition, such as national cemeteries and museums. Major cities also feature art galleries, ship tours, and a wide range of night-life activities. Those who choose to stay after completing their studies can look forward to settling down in a state with the highest median household income in the United States. As the headquarters for six Fortune 500 companies, including Black and Decker, Lockheed Martin, and Marriott International, post-graduate job placement prospects are high.
Heather Petty has worked as a technical writer and editor in the software and gaming industries. She now works as a freelance writer and editor, and volunteers as the Critique Group Coordinator for the Northern Nevada chapter of the Society of Childrens Book Writers and Illustrators.
Top Online Schools
Matching School Ads
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
Direct school link:
| Visit www.everest.edu |
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
Direct school link:
| Visit www.phoenix.edu |
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Matching School Ads
Learn more about your future career...
Making informed career decisions requires reliable information about opportunities in the future. Opportunities result from the relationships between the population, labor force, and the demand for goods and services.
Before selecting a degree program, one must fully understand what types of career options are available. Our in-depth career guide provides detailed analyses about educational requirements, potential salaries, employment statistics, and job descriptions about countless careers.
Almost any question one might have about potential occupations can be answered by using this guide.
Use this comprehensive Maryland School Directory to find institutions providing you with the degree programs & training you need for your future job.
We highly recommend reading fact sheets and contacting all schools that meet your interests to request more information.
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- Locations nationwide and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America. We offer programs in culinary arts, pastry and baking, and hospitality and restaurant management at campuses across the United States.
The ITT Technical Institutes offer programs in some of today's hottest technical areas. With over 100 locations nationwide and several online programs available, the ITT Techs are one of the leading providers of technology education. Each ITT Tech offers convenient class schedules and Career Services are offered to help you find a job.
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Passionate about a culinary career? Get hands-on training from professional chefs at Lincoln Culinary Institute. Choose from day or evening classes, earn a Diploma or Associate Degree. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
Put your career in gear with Universal Technical Institute's campus in Glendale Heights, Illinois, an ASE/NATEF Master Certified provider of post-secondary technical education training.
Course curricula vary, and we suggest requesting more information from all Maryland Institutions, or at least a reasonable number of them. This will allow you to compare their curricula and make the best choice for yourself.
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Baltimore School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Many of the Maryland Colleges and Universities that you can find in this school directory offer flexible online or on-campus degree programs that adapt to the most current trends and technologies in the fast-paced business world. The institutions listed in the Maryland Directory offer world-class instructors that provide high quality training. Further, these schools provide unsurpassed career counseling and opportunities for both students and learning professionals.
Study in a different State
New Hampshire, NH
New Jersey, NJ
New Mexico, NM
New York, NY
North Carolina, NC
North Dakota, ND
Rhode Island, RI
South Carolina, SC
South Dakota, SD
Washington DC, DC
West Virginia, WV