Study in Maryland, MD
Learn more about why pursuing an education in Maryland may be the right choice for you.
Maryland schools prepare students with top degrees and education
Maryland is one of the smallest states in the U.S. Often called America in Miniature, this state has varied landscape, industry, and population which extends to educational opportunities as well. With well-respected universities such as Johns Hopkins and the University of Maryland, as well as a large directory of other schools from which to choose, students can find solid programs for any number of degrees.
Schools in Baltimore, Md. are especially ideal for students pursuing studies in the life sciences as both Johns Hopkins and University Hospital are teaching hospitals at the forefront of medical, pharmaceutical, and other biotechnologies research. Baltimore also takes full advantage of its major ocean ports as a shipping and seafood production center.
Those interested in working for the federal government or in high-tech industrial design should look to Annapolis, the largest employee base for the National Security Agency, to pursue their degrees.
Students pursuing an education in Maryland can explore cities rich in history and tradition, such as national cemeteries and museums. Major cities also feature art galleries, ship tours, and a wide range of night-life activities. Those who choose to stay after completing their studies can look forward to settling down in a state with the highest median household income in the United States. As the headquarters for six Fortune 500 companies, including Black and Decker, Lockheed Martin, and Marriott International, post-graduate job placement prospects are high.
Heather Petty has worked as a technical writer and editor in the software and gaming industries. She now works as a freelance writer and editor, and volunteers as the Critique Group Coordinator for the Northern Nevada chapter of the Society of Childrens Book Writers and Illustrators.
Top Online Schools
Matching School Ads
- Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is a premier, private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- As a Christian university, the school encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- 65% of students have cars on campus, and alcohol is not permitted for students of legal age.
- Based in Winter Park, FL, Full Sail University offers an innovative approach to learning.
- Entertainment and media design programs are offered on campus and online.
- With more than 37,000 alumni, Full Sail University graduates have worked in many different roles for some of the industry's most well-known companies and contributed to countless notable projects.
- Through Project LaunchBox(TM), students in most programs receive a MacBook Pro pre-equipped with professional software at a deep institutional discount.
Animal Behavior College offers affordable, flexible programs for busy professionals interested in animal careers. We offer hands-on experience in over 400 locations nationwide.
- Regionally accredited, Florida Tech offers in-demand undergraduate degrees 100% online.
- No SAT or ACT or application fee required. Special military pricing available.
- Small class sizes give you ample opportunity to interact one on one with your professors and other students.
- Earn the same diploma as on-campus students, around your busy schedule. No campus attendance required and no set login times allows you to study anytime, anywhere 24/7 so it is convenient for you.
- Ranked a Tier 1 Best National University by U.S. News & World Report and ranked as one of the top 200 universities in the world by Times Higher Education.
- In-demand undergraduate degrees available - 100% online in fields like, aviation management, business administration, criminal justice, marketing and more.
- Now school comes to you, making earning your college degree a real possibility.
- Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University.
- Earn the Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree you've always wanted.
- Knowledge is everywhere, for everyone.
Matching School Ads
Learn more about your future career...
Making informed career decisions requires reliable information about opportunities in the future. Opportunities result from the relationships between the population, labor force, and the demand for goods and services.
Before selecting a degree program, one must fully understand what types of career options are available. Our in-depth career guide provides detailed analyses about educational requirements, potential salaries, employment statistics, and job descriptions about countless careers.
Almost any question one might have about potential occupations can be answered by using this guide.
Use this comprehensive Maryland School Directory to find institutions providing you with the degree programs & training you need for your future job.
We highly recommend reading fact sheets and contacting all schools that meet your interests to request more information.
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
The ITT Technical Institutes offer programs in some of today's hottest technical areas. With over 100 locations nationwide and several online programs available, the ITT Techs are one of the leading providers of technology education. Each ITT Tech offers convenient class schedules and Career Services are offered to help you find a job.
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America. We offer programs in culinary arts, pastry and baking, and hospitality and restaurant management at campuses across the United States.
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Baltimore School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Course curricula vary, and we suggest requesting more information from all Maryland Institutions, or at least a reasonable number of them. This will allow you to compare their curricula and make the best choice for yourself.
Passionate about a culinary career? Get hands-on training from professional chefs at Lincoln Culinary Institute. Choose from day or evening classes, earn a Diploma or Associate Degree. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
Many of the Maryland Colleges and Universities that you can find in this school directory offer flexible online or on-campus degree programs that adapt to the most current trends and technologies in the fast-paced business world. The institutions listed in the Maryland Directory offer world-class instructors that provide high quality training. Further, these schools provide unsurpassed career counseling and opportunities for both students and learning professionals.
Study in a different State
New Hampshire, NH
New Jersey, NJ
New Mexico, NM
New York, NY
North Carolina, NC
North Dakota, ND
Rhode Island, RI
South Carolina, SC
South Dakota, SD
Washington DC, DC
West Virginia, WV