Education Careers - Future Outlook
Education careers have come a long way over the past century. There was a time when one teacher would instruct all of the neighborhood children in big group lessons. Students would share textbooks (if any were to be had), and most of the classes would focus on basic arithmetic, English, and remedial studies. Contrast this with the education careers of today. You can attend university classes online. There are schools and programs for just about every interest under the sun: beekeeping, journalism, flower arranging, rocket science, reptile studies, Arabic.
Pursuing a career in education
Options are great. Students can study whatever they choose, and teachers can teach whatever they enjoy. Pick a passion, and go teach it. It's almost that simple….almost. First you need to complete formal study in the appropriate field. So ironically, you must become a student again before you can become a teacher. But these extra hoops are worth it.
Perks and rewards
Teaching is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers out there. You spend every day opening up minds, sharing passions, probing questions, and exploring new territory. And because you'll have chosen your particular passion, you'll be doing what you truly love. There's nothing more rewarding than following your bliss and showing others how to get there.
Teaching is a broad category with many potential disciplines. Some positions will obviously grow more quickly than others. Continuing education, for example, is a rapidly expanding field whereas university professorships are fairly limited. And there is always a need for high school and elementary school teachers; especially if you have a background in math and science.
Ultimately, you just have to follow your instincts. If you're dynamic, passionate, and qualified, students will always come. So the key is selecting a discipline or subject that truly matters to you. Positions will always be there waiting for you.
Education School Directory
Students may search Education programs by location, subject area, and even degree type. Our interface makes it easy to research Education schools and compare different programs side by side.
Study On Campus in...
New Hampshire, NH
New Jersey, NJ
New Mexico, NM
New York, NY
North Carolina, NC
North Dakota, ND
Rhode Island, RI
South Carolina, SC
South Dakota, SD
Washington DC, DC
West Virginia, WV
We make it easy to request free information and catalogs from Education schools. Simply contact the school through the "request information" links available.
Top Online Education Schools
Matching School Ads
- Founded over 60 years ago on the principles of inclusion and social justice.
- Offers credit for previous life and work experience.
- Has 3 semesters and 6 start dates a year.
- Located in Pasadena, CA, with instructional sites in Sacramento, Salinas, Santa Cruz, and Visalia as well as online options.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazineâ€™s 2013 â€śBest for Vetsâ€ť edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
Stratford Career Institute can help you earn your diploma from home in as little as six months, thanks to their proven study methods.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and courseworkâ€”up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Submit the form on the right to learn how you can make a change and advance your career.
Matching School Ads